Use of Design Thinking Principles to Drive Tasks of Project Management
Starting with defining Design thinking, we find that it is an organized and ordered approach to creative problem solving. Furthermore, it can be said that it's a human centric way towards solving problems. Design thinking is organized way because it follows some sequence of steps and creative cause it brings out of the box solutions to solving problems. Using design thinking for project management leads to stakeholders getting the best solution to the problem. Professional experts like BookMyEssay, help students of both management and designing with project management assignment help in connection to design thinking.
Design thinking is about empathizing with the stakeholders of the project and then using that information to solve the problem of the project. The members of the project have no expertise in design thinking and they have to be given training in it. It will help them use creativity and innovation in a human centric way to solve problems of the project.
Stages of Design Thinking
Design thinking is a people centric approach to find alternative strategies to solve a problem. So, it depends more on options and is driven by possibilities. Having said a lot, some may find design thinking as a vogue process but it has a defined methodology. The five stages of design thinking are:
- Empathize: Understand how a human feels about a problem. This generally involves immersing the members of the project into customer experience and observe how they are impacted through it. Thus, all the experience ranges from the environment of your client to the factors that affect the project environment like cultural diversity, work ethics etc. Hence, all this information gives you the idea about overall picture and consequently solve the problem.
- Define: At this step, we need to create a clear outline of the nature of the problem involved. This outline is made on the basis of information with obtained from empathizing stage.
- Ideate: During this phase, the work of the project team is to come up with ideas to solve the project problem. Moreover, the team members are free to pitch their ideas regarding the problem be it risky ideas or out of the box.
- Prototype: In the prototype phase, the ideas that came up in ideate phase are brought to realization. This fruition is done through rough drafts or low fidelity versions of the final product. Thus, this step finalizes whether a particular solution is apt for a problem or not.
- Test: Now, the porotype made in the previous stage is brought for the testing process. Here, the next level of achieving project objectives is carried out. The prototype is tested with the users or the customers who are directly involved to observe their reactions and feedback.
The students who are given assignment on project management need to get a grip on design thinking procedure to solve project management assignment. To get assistance on such topics you can hire BookMyEssay, as they provide Project Management assignment writing help at affordable rates.
Benefits of Using Design Thinking
- This approach helps getting insight into the problem. You get an opportunity to solve points that were initially difficult to access or define. All this is possible as managers get a chance to understand real human needs connected to the project. They get a first-hand insight into the problem rather than assumptions.
- Design thinking provides an opportunity for the team to think put of the box, apply ideas practically, make adjustments or improve by switching to different ideas. Finally, see how everything works after making final improvements.
- Further, adopting this methodology helps projects members pitch new, radical ideas that are truly creative solutions to the problem. Such ideas, when voiced, break from the tradition ways and present a different out of the box idea to solve the problem.
The Final Word
Design thinking provides a new radical approach to the project management problems. This approach is more human centric and empathies with the user. It generates ideas, creates prototype and tests them on the user. With project management it creates greater innovation and gives truly original solution.
When a company gets a project, its biggest challenge is to assemble the functioning of the project. It's not about working on the actual deliverables like hardware or software. Here, we are talking about the project's environment that includes skills required, process that has to be designed so that they function into one. Designing a project is again, quite interesting. Just need to understand the specific needs of the stakeholders in a way that it helps in delivering the project objectives. To sum up, it is advisable to apply design thinking principles to assemble and function a project to get a truly responsive project.